Environmental Policy Statement
The company are a professional and environmentally conscious organization, which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. The clear objective of AIS is to minimise any impact on the environment by:
· Preventing pollution, reducing waste and ensuring, whether practicable, that measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna
· Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community
· Taking action to eliminate or reduces, as far as practicable, any potential adverse environmental impacts
· Promoting environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contactors and partners by implementation of operational procedures
· Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner
· Ensuring effective an expedient incident control, investigation and reporting.
Managerial and supervisory staff has responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
DSS will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of legislation , whist at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within Approves Guidance as issued by the Environment Agency and other organizations.
All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementations of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter.
DSS will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventive and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to full fill the requirements of their policy.
The directors have overall responsibility for all environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain current and applicable to the company’s activities. This policy has been endorsed by the board of directors which gives its full support to its implementation